- Cross border trade allows you to shop from overseas websites with the same Afterpay account you love to use at home.
- Cross border trade applies to customers from any location other then New Zealand.
- Customers with failed order attempts should contact Afterpay Customer Service Team on 1300 100 729 or via email email@example.com
- Unfortunately you need to be an existing Afterpay customer to use the Afterpay payment method as its too risky (due to fraud) to allow new customers to shop across borders.
- Basically what this means is that if you are an Australian customer that has never made an Afterpay purchase before then you will not be able to use Afterpay on our site until that initial purchase is made via Afterpay in Australia. This is a temporary limitation with Afterpay as cross border trade has only just become available. Afterpay will be removing it in the near future.
- Afterpay converts the price of the goods from the retailers currency to your currency so you can see upfront exactly how much it will cost you. Unlike other international payment providers we do not charge any other fees on top of the exchange rate so you know, before you commit to buy , exactly how much the order will cost.
- When you google you see a wholesale exchange rate, this is only available for large volume transactions usually between large corporations (such as banks) and is not the rate a bank would charge you
- The (retail) exchange rate we apply is the same you would get from one of the large banks directly as a consumer so is comparable to what you see when you use a debit or credit card overseas. The exchange rate will change regularly to reflect the currency fluctuations in the foreign exchange market.
- To see what the most current retail exchange rate is, please take a look at these published rates by the major banks:
- Let’s say the AUD is strong against the NZD and the exchange rate is 0.90, if the merchant is charging $100AUD, you will have to pay $110NZD.
- If the AUD is almost at parity with the NZD and the exchange rate is 0.99, if the merchant is charging $100AUD, you will have to pay $101 NZD
- If the AUD is weak against the NZD and the exchange rate is 1.01, if the merchant is charging $100 AUD, you will have to pay $99NZD (this is unusual but can happen)
- Choose your items and checkout as per usual
- Once you are redirected to Afterpay from the retailers website you will see the full amount of the purchase in your currency. To work out what you will be charged in your currency, take the amount charged by the retailer in their currency and DIVIDE by the exchange rate displayed to you. There are no additional costs or fees applied to the exchange rate.
- No, the order total and installment amounts you are shown by Afterpay are what you will pay in each installment
- We take the risk of any currency changes
- Yes you do, any refunded amount by the retailer will be converted back at the same rate you paid so you will always end up equal
There are no fees applied. Afterpay simply apply the exchange rate to the cost of the good’s in the merchant’s currency to work out what you pay in your local currency.
Late fees may apply to overdue payments